Dr. Alauddin Ahmed worked with major management consulting firm Accenture in Supply Chain and Asset Management Area. Before that he worked with TATA Consultancy Services Japan in leadership position managing consulting and business development in manufacturing. He also worked with Unilever in Production and Engineering department, and i2 Technologies in Supply Chain Consulting. Alauddin holds a Bachelor of Technology (Mechanical Engineering) – IIT Kanpur India and a PhD in Production Engineering – Nagoya Institute of Technology Japan.
- Major Wind Turbine OEM & Services: Consulted directly CEO of a Major Wind Turbine Manufacturing and Services company, creating a culture of continuous improvement, with cross functional collaboration involving Field Services, Engineering and Supply Chain. Facilitated 3-year goal setting exercise for all three functions, developed cross functional KPIs, talent and performance management schemes.
- Major Wind Turbine OEM & Services: Initiated a companywide program for standardization of Wind Turbine field service activities to improve site operation maturity by enhancing maintenance planning and execution, inventory management, safety culture. Created a data-oriented decision-making environment and enabled a communication and change management process for sustainability.
- Global Major Equipment: Developed and implemented lean product development process for reducing the lead time and cost of strategic product development projects in a large company.
- Global Major Equipment & EPC: Implemented lean methodology for large capital projects schedule and budget management improvement. Conducted talent assessment in bidding, schedule and cost control team to identified gap, re-established roles and responsibilities and a coaching program.
- Major Oil and Gas Company: Worked as Supply Chain Transformation Project Lead to support customer senior leadership define vision for the supply chain organization, and design the organization, covering procurement, material management, requirement planning, warehouse, logistics and supporting projects, develop an implementation plan.
- Major Equipment Manufacturer: Worked as a Subject Matter Advisor for a program to centralize planning and scheduling across multiple products lines. Helped team define the new roles and responsibilities, business process rules for the centralized team, implementing buffer management concepts, freezing periods, and SLAs
- Major Electronics: Led functional specification in Global Supply Chain Management project covering demand management, and supply chain planning using i2 Technologies for facilities in Japan, US, Europe and Philippines.
- Major Consumer Products Company: Worked as an Engineering Manager for increasing capacity and Flexibility of shop floor. Extensively worked on plant change over management, implementing preventive maintenance to increase plant flexibility and availability.
- Major Chemical: worked as the project lead for a project to reduce waste and increase production capacity by implementing Lean Principles in production, planning and scheduling, material management. This helped the company meet increased demand without increasing the headcount.
- Major LNG Company: Worked as Subject Matter Advisor for Plant Application Assess and Select in the areas of Risk Based Inspection, Condition Based Monitoring, and Management of Change
- Major Consumer Products Company: Worked as a project leader on TPM activities covering new equipment installations, training, maintenance planning, roll out a process for periodic and preventive maintenance, shut down maintenance, critical part management, part supplier development.
- Major Equipment Manufacturer: Worked as a program manager for maintenance transformation, created a base for maintenance history, root cause analysis and spare parts tracking.
- Major Chemical: worked as a project leader on a pre-ERP major supply chain transformation program covering Supply Chain Planning, Production Planning/Scheduling and Procurement.